Hedge Fund #061
· Providing 2nd line support to a range of internally and externally created trading applications
· Good knowledge of Financial Markets (One or more of Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange,
· Monitoring of the Front and Middle office systems and components – Including the setting up,
configuration and Maintenance of our monitoring systems
· Managing the production support incident queue
· Supporting the first line EOperations team
· Liaising with internal, external customers, senior stakeholders and 3rd party vendors
· Performing deep dive root cause analysis on issues escalated from L1 to the team and raising
JIRA tickets to development where a bug is identified.
· Overseeing new projects coming into the team, ensuring that all documentation is in place and
that all support members are prepared.
· Identifying process improvement opportunities and automating manual tasks.
· Documenting issues and new processes
Skills / experience required:
· Extremely good communication skills, both verbal and written
· Previous experience supporting electronic and voice trading systems – particularly low latency,
High Frequency platforms in the FX or Rates arenas.
· Highly motivated individual who is adaptable to change
· SQL/Oracle/Sybase experience (Doesn’t’ have to be all three)
· Strong UNIX/Linux experience
· Knowledge of common scripting languages and ability to automate common processes, and
interact with existing frameworks
· Strong FIX experience – other messaging protocols useful
· Understanding of STP trade flows