Hedge Fund #061
· Monitoring for and responding to technical platform and trade failures
· Manage communication for internal/external clients providing succinct, proactive updates and setting expectations through to resolution
· Technical Troubleshooting (Analyzing application log files, FIX logs, environmental issues, client connectivity issues)
· Scheduled Job support, monitoring, and configuration of scheduled jobs using Autosys and Cron
· Environmental monitoring/alerting configuration (servers, application components, market data) using Microfocus OpsBridge (formerly HP Openview) / Sitescope
· Performing new software upgrades (releasing code to the environment, performing post release health checks, …)
· Building tools, automating processes, etc…
· Operating Systems: Unix/Linux, Windows
· Problem solving / Advanced Troubleshooting
· Multi-tasking and prioritisation.
· Excellent verbal, written and in-person communication – ability to understand a business user and translate
· Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Unix Shell, Perl
· Experience with external connectivity / basic networking concepts
· Equities, Fixed Income and/or Foreign Exchange knowledge strongly preferred
· Experience with Source Code Repositories (Git, Perforce, …) and Software Release concepts and tools strongly preferred
· DB/SQL is a plus
· JIRA service desk desirable.
· Server administration desirable.
· Knowledge of FIX protocol is a plus