Asset Management Firm #003
EQR Engineering is looking for an experienced support leader to drive best practices and transform the way we manage and monitor our firms research and trading platforms. Sitting at the heart of our organization, you will work closely with traders, quantitative researchers, and other engineers to shape our support function and ensure maximum system reliability and uptime.
On any given day, you and your team could be learning about components and applications, debugging issues in live systems, fine-tuning alerting mechanisms, or exercising War Game scenarios. Our environment is rich and varied, and includes real-time and historical frameworks spanning a wide variety of data sources. We employ a cutting-edge suite of open source and proprietary tools, and often break new ground for our firm in terms of features and technologies used.
If you are excited by the idea of getting hands-on with our toolset, following systems through their entire lifecycle, and pioneering new approaches to automation, documentation, training, and issue management, this could be the role for you.
In this role you will:
• Provide first- and second- level support for P&L, market data, risk, and order/execution management systems
• Own incident and problem management frameworks across the tech stack
• Work with development and SRE teams to improve monitoring
• Quickly identify and resolve issues as they arise and provide frequent updates to the business
• Work closely with front office traders and investment professionals to gather business requirements, and partner with multiple teams to ensure delivery of functionality
• Participate in providing global coverage for system support and start-of-day/intraday health checks
• Work closely with engineering teams to remedy issues related to trading, P&L, Market Data, and Risk
• Experience providing L1/ L2 support within front office systems – ideally touching on real-time Risk, P&L and trading
• Experience with order and execution management systems and a thorough understanding of transactions and their typical flow
• Experience interacting with front office traders and investment professionals and supporting revenue generating platforms
• Experience with Linux/Unix
• Experience with databases such as Sybase or SQL
• Proficiency in one or more shell scripting languages
• Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues alike
• Proficient communication skills, both written and verbal
• Knowledge of KDB a plus**
• Bachelors degree in engineering or computer science or a related field of study.
• Passion for solving real-world problems through fundamental analysis and the use of technology