Capital Management Firm #017
Primary functions and essential responsibilities
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Liaise closely with Risk and other Quant teams, Fund Accounting, and Investment Operations teams to gather and analyze requirements.
· Work with Portfolio/Investment datasets and reports.
· Work with developers to drive implementation of business requirements, taking ownership of requirements gathering and setting user expectations.
· Work on organization data warehouse integrations with external/internal systems
· Identify opportunities to improve business processes and operational efficiency; recommending solutions and build as necessary
· Analyze user requirements and issues; provide the best fit solution, while maintaining the integrity of existing applications
· Perform QA and UAT testing throughout all future systems iterations
· Ad-hoc data analysis and debugging of data issues
· Form strong working relationships with internal users – both business and technical – across locations to facilitate application support and adoption
· Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or Computer Science
· MBA in Finance and / or CFA are a plus
· 7+ years of total experience with at least 2 years as a Business Analyst
· Familiarity with Investment Analytics and Risk
· Prior experience in an investment management firm
· Good understanding of alternative securities (Bank Loans, CLOs, ABS, non-agency MBS, Derivatives, etc.)
· Familiarity with institutional investment lifecycle, business workflows, and associated systems and data
· Ability to synthesize business challenges and clearly present a business case, able to explain complex concepts in a clear and concise manner
· Strong SQL skills to work with large volumes of data
· Familiarity with cloud platforms, particularly Azure, preferred
· Knowledge of Python a plus