Investment Firm #009
· The Senior Data Analyst will assist in reviewing processes and technologies to improve data accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency.
· The Senior Data Analyst will regularly interact with users of our financial data to identify, access, and query series of interest in our internal databases, including a third party tick database. These groups include but are not limited to Trading, Global Research, Middle Office, Risk, and Compliance.
· For new projects or data-related production changes, the Senior Data Analyst will determine detailed specifications and resource requirements and coordinate prioritization and approval with other groups. Will test content for proper QA and review/approve for production release.
· When new data services are needed, the Senior Data Analyst will evaluate potential data sources and cost/resources.
· The Senior Data Analyst will work with our offshore Data Operations team to oversee their processes, which include cross checking, verifying and updating security and economic data. He/She will serve as an escalation point for Level II requests from this team.
· BA/BS with strong academic background
· Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role at an investment firm or a financial data-related role at another type of firm (auditor, data vendor, govt agency, or other), with a solid understanding of data quality management, data architecture, and business intelligence
· Knowledge of SQL required; experience with Unix and/or Python a plus
· Experience working with Bloomberg, Reuters, DataStream, and/or FactSet terminals and Excel add-ins
· Experience with One Tick a plus