As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will help design, build, and scale various components of our growing infrastructure. We are actively designing and developing new systems; you will help by supporting, managing, monitoring, and maintaining them.
In this role you will report to and work with our Staff DevOps Engineer; additionally, you’ll partner with engineering leadership as well as other cross-functional teams (Platform, DevOps, Technology, etc.) to build our kubernetes clusters and Istio service mesh within it. You will also engage in the SDLC, following agile principles and best practices with a shift left approach in regards to Security & QA.
If you like working with microservices, containerization, automation, and improving SDLC, we look forward to hearing from you.
What you’ll do:
· Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement
· Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms, and launch reviews
· Scale systems sustainably through automation and evolve by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
· Build and maintain EKS Clusters; manage the health and deployments of Istio service mesh
· Build Infra blueprints using Terraform(IaC) and create automated CI/CD pipelines for agile SDLC
What you’ll need:
· You have 6+ years of general technology experience
o 5+ years of DevOps experience administering multi-account cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred)
o 3+ years of experience with Kubernetes (EKS), Istio, or Terraform
· You have experience working with one or more programming languages (ex. Golang, TypeScript, Python, Java, Scala)
· You’ve built and maintained CI/CD pipelines for large scale distributed services architecture (ex. Github, Github Actions, ArgoCD, Jenkins)
· You’re experienced with monitoring (ex. Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Jaeger, AlertManager, etc.)
· You’ve worked collaboratively to develop and guide technology related risk management
What you’ll bring to the table:
· You are skilled in configuring AWS services with robust architecture patterns
· You can work with a large Multi-Cluster Kubernetes environment; you are skilled with various add-ons and components
· You are able to build Terraform modules with DRY principles using best practices
· You can work with CI/CD pipelines, primarily Github Actions/ArgoCD/Jenkins
· You are able to set up security measures within various layers of a tech stack
Who you are:
· Drives Results. You persist in accomplishing objectives and exceeding goals despite obstacles and setbacks, while also helping others to achieve results.
· Manages Complexity. You ask the right questions to accurately analyze situations and uncover root causes to difficult issues. Through acquiring data from multiple and diverse sources, you are able to make sense of complex, high-quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to solve problems.
· Collaborates. You work cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives, partnering with others to get work done and crediting others for their contributions and accomplishments.