Top Investment Bank #005
Senior Infrastructure Engineer, Securities & Strats – VP
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer for the Securities Division, you will play an integral role in designing, building and overseeing a wide variety of projects across a range of technology platforms. The position will entail ensuring SIMON’s internal AWS and local infrastructure meets the highest standards for resilience, performance and security. In this role, you will participate in gathering specifications, designing innovative solutions, implementing robust solutions, and ensuring sufficient automation and monitoring to alert on any aberrant behavior across the technology stack.
Our strats are world leaders in solving complex business problems using mathematics and engineering skills. Our team is specifically focused on building an electronic multi-dealer platform which is quickly evolving in to the market standard for structuring, distributing, and trading structured notes. This is a unique opportunity for you to be part of a highly productive and motivated group of software and quant engineers, who are constantly looking to innovate and provide best-in-class FinTech platform to clients. You will collaborate on a daily basis with sales and trading involved in the effort.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer you will be directly responsible for building, evolving and maintaining every aspect of the technology stack for the team. This will require a broad technical range and the ability to work independently to create solutions and share with the larger infrastructure and engineering teams.
· Collaborate with internal infrastructure and application engineers to evolve, maintain and secure the customer facing Platform web stack and related AWS infrastructure.
· Collaborate with internal infrastructure and application engineers to evolve, maintain and secure the internal team infrastructure and software development life cycle pipeline.
· Assist with the implementation and development or our overall monitoring infrastructure, suggesting and integrating 3rd party or internal systems as needed.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
· Extensive experience with building and maintaining an AWS based architecture
· Extensive experience with Linux administration
· Past use of configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, SaltStack, etc.
· Leveraging Python programming skills for systems administration and AWS environment automation
· Familiarity with networking concepts and software firewall configuration
· 5+ years of experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Previous knowledge of:
o Kubernetes, Docker and service discovery mechanisms for hosting services via a microservices architecture
o Terraform or Cloudformation for defining cloud infrastructure in code
o Monitoring systems (Nagios, Zabbix, Sensu, etc) for deployment and maintenance
o Deployment, monitoring and tuning web servers (Nginx, Apache, etc)
· Security experience in web facing technologies, with respect to detecting and responding to external threats.
· Experience with Microsoft Windows Server – Active Directory (including DNS, LDAP, Kerberos and integrations with Linux servers)
· MongoDB administration and monitoring skills
· Networking Experience with routing, firewall and VPN technologies based on Cisco, Juniper, or Palo Alto platforms.