Investment Firm #009
· Will be responsible for a growing Linux environment, including several exchange-colocation sites. This includes architecting changes to the environment as well as overseeing maintenance of the environment. (We look to automate maintenance wherever possible.)
· Engaging with UNIX, Infrastructure and DevOps engineering teams to provide ongoing support. Leading and participating in Infrastructure projects.
· Working with senior stakeholders, including portfolio managers, quantitative analysts, and developers to determine how our infrastructure plant should change over time. Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with all stakeholders is a must.
· Strong academic background with a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
· Minimum 5 years of hands on experience architecting solutions leveraging RHEL operating system at a top tier financial or technical firm.
· Expert-level knowledge of the Linux Operating System. Professional level Red Hat certifications such as RHCE, RHCA or Red Hat Certified Specialist in Ansible Automation are preferred.
· Performance analysis and kernel tuning. Experience tuning systems to perform latency-critical tasks is preferred.
· Must have demonstrated the ability to lead complex engineering projects. Understanding of the Release and Deployment Management processes, preferably including RedHat Satellite experience.
· Ansible, shell scripting and Python proficiency are required.
· Deployment engineering tasks to include site surveys, installation, configuration management, documentation, commissioning, and upgrade/patch management
· Working knowledge of the following technologies:
o Containerization and Kubernetes.
o EMC SAN/NAS platforms including XtremIO and Isilon.
o VMware virtualization, professional certifications such as VCP/VCAP/VCDX are highly preferred.
· Understanding of DevOps principles to serve as a bridge between Infrastructure and DevOps teams.
· Experience with Dell/HP server hardware configurations and tools.
· OS hardening experience.
This role requires occasional data center work, as well as on-call and periodic operational work.