World Class Hedge Fund #030
You will take on the following responsibilities:
· Lead a team of Network Engineers responsible for all design, deployment, and operational aspects of global network.
· Maintain keen oversight of the performance, reliability, and operations of the global network. Use innovation and automation to achieve these goals.
· Evaluate, evolve, implement, automate, and oversee operational processes.
· Develop and manage a prioritized book of work, in collaboration with the organization’s management and internal stakeholders
· Drive technical projects and take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex initiatives.
· Build, structure, focus, develop, and mentor a team of motivated individuals.
· Maintain and continually improve network security posture and ensure the Network Engineering organization is adhering to security best practices and principles.
You should possess the following qualifications:
· 5 or more years of prior experience as a manager of a Network Engineering team, in a large-scale network environment, in the financial industry.
· Solid knowledge and experience of network routing and switching technologies, multicast, public cloud networking, and network hardware
· Detailed knowledge of network (BGP,OSPF), transport (TCP,UDP) and application layer protocols (HTTP, FTP, DNS, SIP, RTP).
· Ability to develop and retain engineers while acting in a technical lead capacity.
· Excellent communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively with other infrastructure and developer teams across the firm.
· Demonstrated strong resource and project management skills
· Proficiency with network management and monitoring tools and the ability to build operational processes to leverage various NMS tools to ensure network reliability
Exceptional candidates will have:
· Experience designing and implementing ultra low latency network environments.
· CCIE, CISSP or similar industry certification.
· Experience implementing network segmentation solutions
· Experience with network automation through Python and Ansible