Asset Management Firm #003
Purpose of the role:
As a member of Database Engineering team you will have a hand in the design and development of several core services offered through a DBaaS-like environment. You will help develop and shape the future of Citadel’s next-generation database environment. We are looking for a Senior Database Engineer to contribute to our database operations and engineering. The successful candidate will be working very closely with our platform and business teams, providing real time database support.
· Trouble shoot database related issues and provide solution to increase database system reliability and availability.
· Manage and support production databases running on SQL Server, Snowflake, SSAS Cubes and other NoSQL databases.
· Manage database security automation and maintain data safety and integrity procedures.
· Ensure all database servers are backed up that meets RPO and RTO as well as DR
· Assist with researching new database technologies and implement them to increase productivity and efficiency of database dependent applications.
· Consult with Development DBAs with development of ad-hoc SQL, stored procedure/views, and tune them to improve performance.
· Implement and maintain database/data archiving and retention process
· Develop DBA administration scripts using T-SQL, stored procedure, SSIS packages, Python and Power Shell scripts
· Document database environment and administration process
· 5+ years experience supporting MS SQL 2014+ servers as a DBA
· 3+ years experience working with database monitoring tools (SQL Profiler, Quest, RedGate, Idera, Foglight, PDBA etc.)
· 3+ years experience working with at least two scripting language: PowerShell, Python, Shell, Perl
· Must have administration experience with SQL Server SSAS, SSRS and SSIS
· Must be able to work in Linux environment and know basic Linux commands and be able to use a Linux editor
· Knowledge of and experience with BI databases like Snowflake is a plus
· Knowledge and experience of migrating Sybase ASE databases to SQL Server databases is a plus
· Knowledge of and experience with NoSQL databases is a plus
· Must be able to work in a team environment
· Must have solid communication and interpersonal skills
· Self-starter and ability to work with minimal supervision
· Willingness to learn new skills and take on new challenges
Education: BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related Computer Engineering or Science curriculum.