Asset Management Firm #003
Senior Storage Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Storage Engineer with a deep understanding of storage and data services at scale. You will be working with the business to architect, build and operate high throughput storage platforms, using a combination of off the shelf software, vendor storage appliances, and internally developed automation. Your services will power the revenue generating workflows of hundreds of quantitative researchers. You will build and improve systems that serve our most critical data.
Opportunities available in Chicago and New York.
· Evaluate new storage hardware and software to meet business requirements
· Build automation tools to monitor, manage and provision storage devices
· Build automation to manage and report on user data, data access
· Provide escalation support to operations teams and software developers
· 4+ years of experience delivering scalable data storage services for large scale environments. You are an expert in the challenges of data persistence, and know how to compose reliable services out of unreliable components.
· Fluency in Python for building automation tools and services
· Knowledge of the appropriate backend storage for different use cases—when object, block or file storage is most appropriate
· Deep knowledge of NFS and UNIX
· A practitioner of “infrastructure as code”, meaning you constantly evaluate and pursue opportunities to automate tasks
· Experience using configuration management systems (e.g. Salt, Puppet, Ansible)
· Demonstrated bias towards action and proven ability to execute
· Experience with services from public cloud providers like AWS, Azure, and GCP to hybrid storage environments—some data on-prem, some data in S3, GCS, Glacier, etc.
· Experience (either as developer or operator) with software defined object storage products (e.g. Swift, Ceph, Cloudian, Scality) or HPC filesystems (e.g. Lustre, GPFS)
· Experience with managing and automating enterprise storage vendors and products (e.g. EMC, NetApp)
· Experience with modern monitoring tools (e.g. Prometheus, InfluxDB).
· Comfortable working with version control (e.g. git, perforce).