Global Investment Manager #007
SRE – Trading Operations
We have multiple trading strategies which make investment and execution decisions automatically, algorithmically. Our Technical and Trading Operations team manages our production plant and runs our global real-time trading business around the clock from New York City. The Site Reliability Engineers embedded within Trading Operations are critical to the success of our trading. The SRE for this team will take ownership for management of large-scale infrastructure while improving reliability and automation. We expect them to ensure that we are able to trade at all times—reliability and up-time are of paramount importance given the nature of our work, as-is keeping an ever-watchful eye on the capacity and performance of our trading systems.
Our Trading Ops SREs will guide our systems through pre-market activities, real-time trade execution, and post-session processing, in a fast-paced environment that requires focus, judgment, and quick reflexes. They will utilize strong technical skills to diagnose and address issues in real-time, and have the opportunity to build tools and automation to improve operational capabilities. This role offers a unique opportunity to be at the center of a leading quantitative trading firm with exposure to many parts of the business and a crucial role in helping them fit together.
· Design and improve the systems and processes that operations team members use to manage and monitor our trading algorithms and other critical systems in production
· Minimize risk of reliability related failure outcomes as pertaining to durability, availability, performance, and correctness
· Write high-quality infrastructure-as-code that automates the provisioning, deployment, scaling, and monitoring of our infrastructure and ensure its redundancy and speed around the globe.
· Assist in the deployment and verification of upgrades to our production environment’s technical infrastructure, custom trading applications, market data distribution plant, etc.
· Improve tools, automate processes, and build new detective controls to allow us to find and respond to ever subtler and more complex issues algorithmically.
· Exceptional programming skills
· Experience designing fully automated, readily scalable, and highly reliable software systems
· Expertise building and maintaining cloud-based, performance-critical systems
· Knowledge of trading and finance isn’t required