Tech Support Lead-
The successful candidate must be a subject matter expert with hands-on experience with a wide range of end user compute and trading solutions.
Hands on Lead Role
· Leading an experienced team of tech support engineers.
· Deliver high-quality white glove support to all end-users in a courteous professional manner.
· Triage and manage issues that require engagement from multiple teams and provide transparency to senior management for major issues and potential escalations.
· Support of desktop technology and desktop applications.
· Respond to calls, document problems and resolutions.
· Knowledge and troubleshooting skills in the Microsoft Windows OS, Linux OS, Microsoft Office Suite, Exchange, Active Directory, market data, Audio Visual, video conferencing, Citrix, mobile devices, printers and other applications.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are a must as well as the ability to work well independently.
· Gain an understanding of the business and their needs.
· Manage the delivery of critical technology projects for the end user community.
· Ensure process is followed and key metrics are evaluated as part of the teams’ performance.
· Enforce management-defined ticket hygiene and SLAs
· Participation in outage bridges when systems/users are impacted
· Previous experience working in financial industry (preferably hedge fund or large financial technology department); knowledge of how equities, commodities, futures, fx and fixed income products trade.
· 10+ years of experience working in an enterprise level support team with at least 3 years of experience managing a team of at least 5 individuals.
· Ability to direct activities of peers and others not reporting directly to the person
· Comprehensive knowledge of Windows based desktops and the key applications – Outlook, MS Office, etc…
· Broad understanding of mobile technology.
· Strong communication and organizational skills; ability to express strong views while still working in a team environment.
· Ability to build and maintain relationships with business department heads, and communicate and interact with senior management at the business level.
· Must demonstrate an ability and interest in having a hands-on approach to customer service.
· Quick learner, Detail oriented; Demonstrable thoroughness and strong ownership of work.
· Good team player with a strong willingness to participate and help others.
· Able to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment; High sense of urgency
· Extensive experience with CMDB (service now preferred), Change Management, Incident Management and Quality Metric development and operation.