Capital Management Firm #017
Technology Event Services Lead
The Technology Event Services Lead will be the primary relationship manager to the lines of business for all digital and in person events. This person must have strong communication and relationship management skills with the ability to translate business requirements into end to end solutions for each event. The lead will interact with all levels of staff, including the CEO and executive management.
As requirements are understood, the technology event services lead will work the our event team, the Technology team and strategic partners to ensure all facets of the events are planned and executed seamlessly. This includes overseeing all production responsibilities including live streaming and simulcasts to virtual audiences, as well as onsite setup and support for in person events.
This role will be responsible for developing the production roadmap from ideation to execution of live events and should develop solutions that are repeatable and scalable.
Ideal candidates should have an extensive background in producing live and digital events with a focus on IT, Cloud Technology and Video Engineering. You should have experience working as a technical lead in production and the digital media space, including live streaming events and have an excellent understanding of broadcast and digital video equipment and software. The event services lead should have experience working with cloud-based video production platforms and CDNs, as well as production companies that can assist in locations around the globe.
· Stakeholder management, ability to manage expectations at all levels of the organization
· Highly organized, excellent communicator and collaborator
· Oversee and support all production operations during live events
· Experience with live streaming best practices
· Operate live switchers such as Tricaster and vMix and direct live webcasts
· Manage all processes to ensure successful operation and delivery of live productions
· Ability to use critical thinking and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
· Have an innovative mindset to identify cutting edge solutions in the production space
· Have a strong network of independent contractors for production related responsibilities
· Understanding of audio mixing and ability to provide technical support and develop best practices
· Familiarity with Live Webcast Encoding (WMS, Smooth Streaming, HLS, Flash, etc.)
· Ensure appropriate hardware and software technology solutions are implemented to ensure the success of all live productions
· Oversee relationships with IT and production vendors
· Strong understanding of network infrastructure and IP routing
· Setup live streams and monitor/troubleshoot any issues during production
· Ensure security is layered into every aspect of the solution
· 7+ years of technical experience in event production
· Experience working in financial services is preferred
· Experience with all relevant encoding codecs including VC1, h.264, mpegX, jpeg2000, etc
· Experience in HTML5 video, the Microsoft Media Platform, Silverlight video player technologies and frameworks and Flash video player technologies. Strong command of compatibility and use-case scenarios of each
· Experience with Azure Media Services
· Experience with captioning formats for live broadcast, web delivery, on-demand, and in-room displays
· Understanding of digital media artifacts and their likely causes / solutions
· Proficient with all industry relevant digital streaming file formats (wrappers) including Smooth, HLS, Flash, DASH, mp4,
· Proficient in digital media fundamentals (frame rates, bandwidth, progressive vs. interlaced, aspect ratios, frame size, resolution, sample rates, waveform and vector analysis, time code, etc.)
· Basic editing knowledge (trimming, fades, audio syncing)
· Strong command of how Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) work and behave (edge caching, token authentication, origin services, etc.)
· Familiar with video transmission technologies and equipment including fiber encoders / decoders, Satellite dishes and receivers, RTMP, transport streams
· Adept with broadcast transmission environments, equipment and infrastructure. Able to quickly isolate issues in a video path to correct problems quickly
· Ability to acquire and transmit video/audio and data using Satellite and Fiber technology and equipment
· Familiarity with live and on-demand hosting environments (Content Delivery Networks, IIS Media Services).
· Experience working with data networks